Rocky Mountain Camp allows campers access to acres of forest land for outdoor pursuits in addition to the campus. Campers find that the excitement, personal challenge, and satisfaction experienced through these activities are a perfect complement to the intensive academic structure. Outdoor Pursuits at RMC will be selected based on two factors: the interests and passions of individual campers and the expertise of our Outdoor Adventure Leaders. Below is listed a variety of adventures that are possible for our campers:
- Wild Colorado: A introduction to a variety of outdoor mountain skills including orienteering, natural history, survival skills, shelter building, edible and medicinal plant identification, archery and tracking.
- Kayaking: Working with Renaissance Adventure Guides we will use hard shell kayaks, paddle boards and inflatable ducky kayaks to navigate the lakes and rivers of the front range. http://raguides.com
- Horseback Riding: This will include both instructional and trail riding. (Western). Chatfield Stables
- Rock Climbing: RMC will be working with Denver Mountain Guides to provide the most fun, safe and in depth climbing program possible. http://www.denvermountainguiding.com
- Mountain Biking: Our experienced staff will help our youth navigate the many miles of single track Colorado has to offer.
Adventure Weekend – July 6th-7th
We’ll be heading out on Saturday, July 6th and will head back Sunday! Bring your tents and sleeping bags! More information to follow.